General

Welcome to the ‘Have Your Say’ section. One of the most powerful things about our website is the ability for residents, business owners and interested parties to put forward ideas and start the conversation about what’s good for Manly.

Here you’ll be able to develop your argument, express your point of view, and share your thoughts with the wider community.

Choose an existing topic from the list below to contribute to the conversation, or just click on ‘new topic’ if you want to start a conversation.

We regularly update topics comments, opinions, and ideas are most welcome – no matter what they may be! Comments are moderated however, which means they are reviewed for potential offense, libel, and general unsuitability before ‘going live’ and please note that comments submitted are viewable by all on the internet! We look forward to sharing your ideas.

My Idea / My feedback is....

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Speed Humps at North Head

North Head is a popular place to cycle - except for the speed humps which are a real hazard!
    Why can't we make the humps 'cycle friendly' and let's encourage more people to use their bikes in this wonderful area?

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Manly's 2015 Plan

am very concerned regarding Manly Council's 2015 development proposal and when I speak with people, no-one seems to know anything about it.... I am extremely concerned with Ms Hay's proposal to demolish the Whistler street car park, library etc. and replace it with MORE units under the guise of making Manly more pedestrian friendly.

Additionally, their proposal to put an underground carpark under Manly oval seems an awful idea to me. I have reviewed their proposal but it doesn't state how cars will enter and exit. Will the cars exit and zoom up Raglan Street?

If you could please start…

18 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Community Gardens

The community garden at 100 Griffith Street, Balgowlah has proven a great success http://www.balgowlahcg.com and while many people in suburbs like Seaforth and Balgowlah Hts already have a garden, there are thousands of unit dwellers in our area who don't.

Do you think Manly Council should encourage more community gardens? Would you be interested in participating in one?

6 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Rubbish collections

Monday morning rubbish collections put out too early on Sunday or even Saturday

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Can we have more bins on the beach

I would be a good idea to have more bins on the beach or by the beach to prevent the heaps of litter left behind by visitors and locals.

10 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Trees on the East Esplanade Reserve

Background – Compared to West Esplanade the trees on East Esplanade Reserve are looking very tired right from the Wharf to the Manly Cove Motor Yacht Club shed. Many Norfolk Island Pines are missing, dying or dead. There are also several Cook Island Pines that are very dense and twisted and spoil the views. The large Morton Bay Fig at the bottom of Osbourne Road is mature and the Port Jackson Fig between it and the Motor Yacht Club is very decayed.

Proposal – About fourteen new Norfolk Island Pines should be planted on the East Esplanade between Wentworth and…

4 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              1 3 Next →
              • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base