Skip to content

General

Welcome to the ‘Have Your Say’ section. One of the most powerful things about our website is the ability for residents, business owners and interested parties to put forward ideas and start the conversation about what’s good for Manly.

Here you’ll be able to develop your argument, express your point of view, and share your thoughts with the wider community.

Choose an existing topic from the list below to contribute to the conversation, or just click on ‘new topic’ if you want to start a conversation.

We regularly update topics comments, opinions, and ideas are most welcome – no matter what they may be! Comments are moderated however, which means they are reviewed for potential offense, libel, and general unsuitability before ‘going live’ and please note that comments submitted are viewable by all on the internet! We look forward to sharing your ideas.

84 results found

1. Repurpose Manly Town Hall into Performing Arts Centre

With the historic Manly Town Hall now surplus to requirements, I am working with the community to have this transformed into a performing arts centre with a flexible performing spacer (for theatre, concerts, live entertainment, dances), a 100 seat theatre and an 80 seat cinema. Do you support this idea? regards Candy Bingham

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Greening the Whistler St Cark Park and removal of the fire stairs in the Market Place

Greening of the Whistler St Cark Park and removal of the fire stairs in the Manly Market Place

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Norfolk pines

Hi Candy, A propos your note about Norfolk pines dropping their branches, I was at Forty Baskets this morning and just missed getting hit on the head by a falling pine cone. These cones are very big and solid and would do a lot of damage falling from a height. Children and families sitting at the picnic tables under the trees are particularly at risk. There were several nearby that had fallen to the ground. I feel people should be warned about the danger . Cheers, Jane Mundy

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. expand Hop Skip Jump bus to North Balgowlah

We have no bus service between North Balgowlah and Manly. Expanding the current loop to North Balgowlah would solve this.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Does the headland at Shelly Beach have a name?

Does anyone know the original indigenous name? Let's make it official.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Council to audit the existing footpaths in Balgowlah Heights and where no footpath exists on either side of the street to instal a new footp

Council to audit existing footpaths and where no footpath exists on either side of the street, construct a footpath especially where there is a pedestrian safety issue. There are many streets in Balgowlah Heights where no footpath exists or only partial eg Vista Avenue to the south of Bareena Drive.and Cutler Road to mention just two examples

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Lost amenity at Little Manly Kiosk

We, the Little Manly locals, used to have a roomy shelter at Little Manly Kiosk, with seating, to escape the sun or the rain when picnicking or swimming. Now we are locked out, reduced to a piece of concrete floor, as shown in the attached photo. And why? To save a commercial company Ripples the effort of stacking away the chairs and tables each day, as has been done for many years past. Why does the council allow this loss of amenity to locals, without providing an alternative?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hand dryers in Beachfront Public Toilets

Hi Candy,
    Good luck in the upcoming Elections.
    I see you would like my vote in the Council Elections, and I wonder what your attitude is to reducing the spread of COVID and other infections during this Pandemic?
    As a retired Pharmacist, it has come to my attention that almost every public toilet on the beachfront in the Northern Beaches lacks hand drying facilities and consequently discourages people from washing their hands.
    I thought it might only be Manly where I live, but in talking to several of my friends from Palm Beach to Manly it appears that this is…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. More aesthetically pleasing bin storage in the market place precinct

I love the market place area, the increased alfresco dining and pedestrian laneways but the large number rubbish bins in the precinct are a great point of detraction. Could we find a way to hide these smelly, ugly but necessary items from public view?

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Why no restore the promenade and swimming that was destroyed many years ago.

I have been coming to Manly to swim and enjoy the area (both Harbourside and surf) since I was a very young boy in the ‘40’s and have particularly missed the promenade.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Book Taxi to Airport - London, UK | AtoB London Airport Taxi

Edinburgh Airport taxi: Book a taxi to/from Edinburgh Airport. AtoB Airport taxi meet you at Edinburgh Airport and transfer comfortably anywhere in the UK
    https://atobtransfer.com/london-uk/
    https://www.facebook.com/transferservicebrussels/
    https://twitter.com/AtoB_transfer_

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Benchtop compost bins

Some councils give these out free to rate payers. I have used one and found it reduced the garbage in my regular bin significantly. Many people live in units or small homes and have no room to have a compost heap or worm farm. Each household also gets a roll of compostible bags which are used to line the little compost bins and these are put into the green waste bin every few days.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ban hydrofoils within Manly and Shelly beach

noticing lots of hydrofoils weaving in between swimmers and surfers at Manly. Very dangerous and will no doubt end in injury

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Electric Buses in Manly

Last week, the NSW transport minister announced his desire to electrify Sydney's bus fleet. (www.abc.net.au/news/2019-10-28/nsw-transport-minister-replace-buses-with-electric-fleet/11644694). This is a great idea because electric buses reduce local tailpipe pollution, local noise disturbance and greenhouse gas. What is Manly-Warringah doing to spearhead and facilitate this initiative given our unique exposure to climate change risk, need to protect our natural habitats and strong population growth. Given the benefits, the NBC should be pushing these common sense initiatives and leading Sydney for the benefit of its residents, not waiting for state government to decide.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Tide marker at the Jump Rock

In regards to the Jump Rock - yes, please remove the fence and try making it safer.
    Instead of your suggestion of requiring an app to check the tide, how about simply adding a red-amber-green "tide marker" sign and/or paint on the rock face, so that when the red shows (i.e. the red colour is not submerged) it's too shallow to jump, and if only the green is visible it is ok. Or something along those lines.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hello Candy, NBC and Manly Residents. I write in regard to the future of the Manly Council Chambers building and would like Council to locat

I write in regard to the future of the Manly Council Chambers building. I strongly suggest that the NBC undertake a search to locate the significant report and supporting documents prepared for Manly Council by Professor Lawrence Nield during my time at Manly Council (DTC, Town Clerk and General manager). This report, drawings and early considerations and recommendations seem to have been lost but it may possibly be located in the State Government Repository in western Sydney.

Lawrence Nield was commissioned to assess and report on all council owned assets in and around the Manly business area Some of his…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Theatre in the previous oceanworld manly

Being a resident of Manly with a copule of properties I feel we should be considering the people who are more mature 50 plus paying council rates . Some people are less mobile than others we need to re open the movie theatre next to the 4 pines this would be beneficial for young and old and tourists we also need to make oceanworld into a live theatre comedies talk shows etc with a great wharf at the doorstep what better way to travel to Manly dinner and a theatre show people would stay the weekend even in winter months…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Create wheel friendly access at Manly wharf (end of wharf bar)

Currently the main wharf area is wheel friendly. However the other wharf at the end of wharf bar requires walking down two sets of steps to access the ferry. This is inaccessible for people in wheel chairs and a hassle for people with prams and bikes on the ferrys. Please add ramps and handrails to this wharf. With the multi million dollar upgrade happening at the wharf surely they can send a couple of builders down and fix this issue in half a day.

56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General